No. 130: Am I Eligible for the NSF CAREER Award?
The answer is yes but, of course, that institution has to meet these five eligibility criteria.
The Five Eligibility Criteria:
- Your organization doesn’t offer a tenure track.
- The research you’re doing must be supported in an area that the NSF supports.
- You have to have a long-term appointment here. They’re looking at something that’s going to last at least for the proposed five years of duration of this grant.
- You have to have educational responsibilities in some way. Let’s suppose you’re hired just as a pure research professor with no educational responsibilities, that won’t work.
- Your position and your work have to be aligned to your career goals and the organization goals.
The types of institutions that are eligible are: four and two-year colleges such as Community Colleges, Non-Profits and Non-Academic Institutions like museums, professional societies, or observatories. All of this would need to be carried in a letter of support. And again, always double check with the program officer by calling him or her just to receive an absolute, final confirmation.
|Get more information about the NSF CAREER Award!
Check out our infographic on NSF Directorates here: The NSF CAREER Award: Which Directorate is Right for You?
Comments (0) | Read More...